WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Sunday, October 17, 2004  

Wake up, please!

Saturday I went to meet my new trainer and was done with the workout in less than 20 minutes. It was good but I think I can work a little harder. On my way home I got into Barnes & Noble, went crazy with craft magazines and books and ended up missing Derek's class. On the positive side, I have now started to prepare the tags for my X-mas presents.

In the evening Pamen had invited me over to her place with Nicolas, Pilar, Chema and Carmen. It was pleasant enough but very subdued. She's a lovely person and so are the rest but I can only handle so much lethargy. It’s not like I have to be dancing like a maniac every night, although that would be nice, it's that if it's not going to be sex, drugs and rock'n roll, then I want it to be a meaningful conversation. I love a lively exchange of views, a debate, even a confrontation. I enjoy picking people's minds and learning about their lives. On the other hand I tire very easily of unconsequential small talk. I also hate shop talk. After several blotched attempts at starting something we ended up playing a round of Cranium but the level of energy was nowehere near what it was the first time around. When we left, I walked a few blocks uptown with Nicolas and yearned to go into any of the bars we were passing by. The music was blasting, people were spilling over the sidewalk and I was just brokenhearted.

Friday Joe called from North Carolina. He said something about a cartoon or a doll that he has kept for years because it reminded him of me. It was his "little Rosario". It floored me. He is sending it to me so I should receive it shortly. I'll probably be horrified at what reminds him of me.
Later on M.A. called from Madrid. It was a nice long conversation. I think we've come to an agreement: I'll write, he'll call.
And then on Saturday Annie called from North Carolina to see if I was available for dinner next Sunday. I am, of course. And Saturday I have a baby shower for Pascale. Vivienne will be there and I haven't seen her in a while. Hopefully I'll meet a bunch of nice girls.

I spent all of today working. While on a short break I read un article on an Italian newspaper on line where the author mentioned a guy that might be somebody I went to school with and who is now living in NYC, teaching at Columbia University. I immediately wrote him an e-mail and now let's see how it goes!

With a little luck I'll get my iBook back tomorrow!

10:10 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives