WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Thursday, August 21, 2003  

So little time to blog ...

Yesterday, Wednesday, a group of us (Monse, M.A., Chema, Fabian and Raul) had dinner at home and played Cranium until 5 or 6 in the morning. M.A. had spent the afternoon shopping and showed up with a set of margarita plastic glasses that we can use on the roof and a "margarita kit" which included a cd with margarita music and, most importantly, a booklet of cocktails' recipes that should keep me busy until he comes back to NY. I am a sucker for presents and the man sure has an eye for picking them.
As for Cranium, I had a blast playing the game. I had never played it before but I usually love games and this was no exception. It is side-splitting funny to watch people trying to convey concepts with a sorry piece of paper or painfully trying to whistle a tune they probably don't even know.

Damn! I am running late for my dentist's appointment!!! So, lets paste the posting for the last couple of days ...

Monday was a beautiful day that had to be enjoyed on a terrace so we went for a drink at the Sutton Bar and then we had dinner at The Divine Bar on the West Side, where we were joined by Pilar's friends. I really like them. Especially the guy. Or maybe especially the girl. Probably both, in different ways.

Tuesday I woke up to CNN's story on the bombing of the UN headquarters in Bagdad. It is a very strange experience to see the organization you work for in the news for all the wrong reasons, the familiar blue flag engulfed in smoke and to hear that somebody you never met but whose words you translated a hundred times is dead. The poor man. If you have to die in such a violent way you'd better go with the blast, not lay in agony under a pile of rubble for hours. And the poor families. It must be hell for them.
After work I managed to squeeze in a quick pedicure before meeting M.A. for a drink and then joining Gemma and two friends of hers at Monse's. The friends were nice kids but basically kids, with not a lot to say. I tried to pick up a couple of friendly fights just to spice things up but they were not willing to go there. Yawn yawn. Dinner was at some place in the Village. The food was great, the restrooms were beautiful, the waitress spoke perfect Spanish (she had lived in Spain for a year). At the end we were grossly overcharged and M.A. spent a good 15 minutes trying to explain the situation to her in a very animated way. I don't think she ever got it. It was like they were people from two different planets, speaking two different languages. After dinner we had a drink at a place ominously called Rhone. The place looked very hip but it was almost empty and the music sucked. Like elevator versions of good songs. I should have known better than agreeing to go to a French bar.
On my way back I started a cell phone conversation with Pam that continued from my land phone at home untill I almost fell asleep with the earpiece attached to my ear.

12:38 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives