WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Tuesday, September 20, 2005  

A girlie afternoon

Yesterday I was on the phone with Cecilia when the line went down. She showed up at my desk saying her phone had died. Mine had died too. So had my other colleague's I said it was strange and that maybe we should all leave. I was joking, of course, but a few minutes later I heard Chema in the hall saying everybody was leaving and that we should just go. It was, by all accounts, a self-evacuation. Nobody actually gave the order but hundreds of us took to the stairs. Some of us met at was is supposed to be our meeting point but most people just went home. A bunch of us had lunch at a nearby Indian buffet while placing call back and forth to other colleagues, trying to find out what was going on. A couple went into the building again and walked up to their offices only to be evacuated again, this time officially. And that was it. The rest of the afternoon was spent at Sephora getting Pamen made up and then at Bloomingdale's, buying an outrageously expensive and probably useless wrinkle cream. For dinner I went out with Nicolas and although I fell asleep close to 1 AM this morning I was awake by 5 and at the gym by 6. Now, if I could only get in the shower and go check if the power is back at work ...

7:48 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives