WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Friday, August 12, 2005  

Midlife celebration or maybe simply hormonal imbalance

The momentum is building up and I am getting more and more into a been there/done that mood.

Yesterday I called my friend Gabriela in Uruguay only to find out she was on a plane to Spain, on a rescue mission of one of her nieces, who has attempted suicide. One can only wonder the depth of despair that could push a young girl to try to kill herself. Life is indeed precious, too precious to be wasted. Sorry, that was s a pitiful cliché but life is indeed all we’ve got so precious or worthless, meaningful or pointless, whatever it might be, it is all there is.

I had an illuminating coffee with Fabián this morning. It was a little like talking to a clone, but it feels wonderful to be understood. So far I swing back and forth from elation and excitement at the endless possibilities to a just-let-me-cry-in-a-corner-by-myself sinking feeling. Fortunately the happiness still heavily outweighs the sadness.

We bought our tickets to Laguna today. We are visiting Eduardo and Benji for Labor weekend. I am dying to talk to them. Eduardo was my first guru, years before I discovered Tony. He is everything I like and admire in a person and I can’t wait to have dinner with them on the patio outside their condo, overlooking the ocean and bouncing ideas around. I expect it to be a nice intimate weekend full of fun and tenderness, which is exactly what I crave now.

4:31 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives