WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Tuesday, August 02, 2005  

Back and out

Got back from Nassau yesterday evening, past midnight. I have yet to unpack and I am supposed to meet Annie and later on M.A. for dinner, so I will keep it brief: great waters, wonderful weather, lousy food, shameful attitude.

Sunday night we asked a cab driver to take us to a restaurant not for tourists. He took us to a tourist place, expensive and not very good (M.A.'s mahi-mahi was so overcooked we did not touch it, my grouper was O.K. but we barely had half of it between the two of us) but lovely, on the beach. Once we finished dinner, we went to the beach and walked around the building instead of walking out of the door . There were no taxis there so we asked for one at the restaurant and were told they thought they were no more customers inside so they had sent the cabs home. I believed them and it did not occur to me that the night before, much later, we had hailed a cab on the street. Doubts about the story started creeping in when another couple came out of the establishment, ruining the theory of "nobody was left in the restaurant". We were told not to worry, that a lady employee was going to drop us off on her way home. We waited forever to the lady to come out (and I had strange conversation with a completely drugged-out dude who was hanging out on the porch - I should have listened to him, he was high but honest and advised us to take a bus). In the meantime I got a giggling fit because the situation was getting extremely ridiculous. When she made her appearance, she had a friend in tow, so M.A., I and the other couple were supposed to squish in in the backseat. I do not know how we managed to do it. The guy from the other couple was huge, and I mean huge. I am not exactly tiny myself. I had to sit on M.A.'s lap and I was sure the day was going to go down in history as the day he lost his limbs. What really sucked was that, as the driver deposited us at the hotel, she charged us the same amount the cab had charged us to get to the restaurant. I am sure she charged at least as much to the other two folks in the car. A scam, clearly, and as soon as I have a minute, I will be writing to the Ministry of Tourism and a couple of e-mail addresses I found on the web.

More later, I am running late now.

8:06 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives