WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Friday, July 01, 2005  

A rant

I decided to stay home tonight. So I just had the longest, most relaxing bath. Reading a magazine. But two of the articles I read demand a comment, and nobody is home at this time to hear me out so here it goes. The first article is Man-Hunting With the High-School Dream Girls. What is this fascination with imbeciles? This is not the first article I read about the lives of underage wealthy or wealthy wanna-bes retards. Why bother writing about them? So they have fake I.D.s and they sleep around with men in their forties. What else is new? It doesn't strike me as a particularly novel pursuit. These are just the latest generation of the ever-present dim-wit who fancy themselves liberated and cool. They actually boast about the price of their ravioli ("In the end he paid for dinner. I had a really good meal. I had $50 ravioli."). The price of ravioli! This is seriously pathetic. And their ambition in life is to be "a representative of some corporation. Like if I'm doing press for JPMorgan, that's fine". Lofty goal. But what gets to me is that articles like these do such a disservice to the vast majority of kids who lead meaningful, productive lives. Why is it never about them? I would understand the titillating factor, but this is so boring, so mediocre. It's not like they are leading exciting, adventurous sex lives. For Chrissake, these chicks yearn to be knocked up and have to have their drinks paid by predatory losers!
OK, that was my first rant, my second one is not even a rant, just a comment on delusion. Bobby Brown, yup, the one who hasn't had a hit song since the late 80s, is filming a reality show about his life. His motive, according to him, is that "Everybody wants to know what Bobby Brown is doing, so I figured I’d give it to them without the middleman.". Excuse me? Everybody? I am still laughing.

10:19 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives