WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Sunday, May 08, 2005  

Pass me caffeine, please

I am slowly coming back to life after a night on the town. A bar hopping night on the town that is. Pamen and I started with a decisively cultural event and shlepped to Queens for a photo exhibit. We almost went to P.S. 1 but never found the door. In a way, I was relieved. A very spinstery looking woman at the photo exhibit had told us she had been there earlier in the day and that sent a through my spine. I absolutely refuse to turn into one of those old single women on the "cultural" loop, going from museums to artsy movies to gallery openings. The very thought of it is disturbing. In any case, we did not go, and we quickly got out of Queens and its distressing ugliness.
Back in Manhattan we met Luis at the Church Lounge for a quite potent mojito. For dinner we decided on the Viet Cafe, a great place with super fast service, good food and a cute tongue pierced waiter. After dinner we had a drink and attempted some dancing at a super crowded Lit. I really liked the place but after a while of the whitest of music and skinny blonde/Asian chicks jumping up and down in arrhythmical convulsions, I just needed a change of scenery. We went to yet another bar/lounge in the neighborhood, a completely forgettable place full of bridge and tunnel people. Finally we arrived at Pamen's, after a quick stop at the supermarket across from her apartment. There a peroxided blonde was busy screaming into her cell phone how much she hated the fucking family of the recipient of the call. Very, very classy.
Having woken up at 5 yesterday, I promptly fell asleep on Pamen's very comfy armchair. I guess it was around 4 when I found the way to my own bed.

9:56 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives