WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Sunday, May 15, 2005  

In love with a city, in love with a family

Yesterday Pam and I went to Mathias' (Johanny and Pascale's baby) christening and then to their place for a little party. We were planning on staying an hour and then going shopping downtown and visiting Strand, but we stayed well into the evening. Sometime in the afternoon, when the family had left, and only Pascale, Zoe, Claudia, Pam and I were left, with Johanny mixing drinks for us, Billy, a client and friend of Johanny's, arrived with is girlfriend and her two daughters. I fell in love. The girlfriend is the friendliest, warmest, nicest woman and the kids were adorable. We promptly exchanged phone numbers so I can introduce Chicco, a 16-years-old Italian boy that will be staying with me for a couple of weeks at the end on June (sort of an exchange student, except that he will not study) to them. Also, I realized that Chicco will be here for the 4th of July and we were already making plans to go to the beach.
So not only I fell for this whole family but then I got to walk uptown from Battery Park (actually, we walk to 34th Street, then we took a cab) and I was ohing and ahing at the beauty of this town. I keep falling in love with it over and over.



Webcam from the marina at Battery Park, where Johanny and Pascale live.


Human information booth 3

In the Village yesterday, walking uptown from Battery Park, a car full of girls in a street with the usual Saturday night crowd. Of all people, the chose me, and Pam, to hollow at, asking for directions to 5th Ave.

A NY moment

Same day, same walk, same area: police all over the place. What seemed like a man with long hair laying on the street in front of a restaurant, a pool of blood coming out of his head. No idea what happened.

Friday's party


Friday night we had a party at Pamen's for Chema's and Marc's birthdays. We had asked everybody to come wearing something on their head and they all complied. I built a last minute headgear out of a headband, three chopsticks, some paper and aluminum paper. According to a neighbor, it certainly "showed my commitment".
I'll be uploading the picture tonight.

8:35 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives