WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Sunday, April 24, 2005  

The weekend is over

And not much was done.
Friday I went through the day a little zombied out from lack of sleep but I still went out in the evening. I made a reservation for five at Pipa at 10 PM (nothing available earlier) so Raoul and I met Pamen, Carmen and Francia at the Kitano. A band was playing and there was a quiet policy that had us giggling like kids. Andrea also showed up. I hand sent him an e-mail from work to see if he wanted to join us for dinner. He already had plans but he did hop over for a drink. It all felt very natural, which is quite remarkable given that I hadn't seen him in like ... er ... 30 years?

Dinner at Pipa was great and we did have a field day with Raoul's italian obsession with coffee. He actually asked the waiter if he could supervise the making of his espresso. Unfortunately the espresso machine was in the back kitchen, off-limits to customers. He gave detailed instructions regarding the preparation of a proper coffee but was predictably disappointed with the results. Finally Fabian joined us for a few minutes and then everybody scattered, with Raoul, Francia and I walking home.

Saturday I was up in time to walk briskly to my 11 AM appointment with Hitomi (she does some kind of postural therapy, vaguely related to Alexander's technique). I liked it and think it is worth exploring, except for wide-eyed Hitomi loudly demanding "Give it to me!" while standing behind my back to check the position of my spine while I was sitting on an imaginary chair in the rapidly filling gym studio. Mental note: explain to her the meaning of the expression. After I had been humiliated enough by Hitomi I took Derek's class and left ten minutes before it was over to rush home in a cab and have lunch with Raoul, who had a car picking him up to take him to JFK at 2.45 PM.

Today I did nothing. Zilch. Nada. I had decided not to go to Jordi's party because JP was flying in from Madrid for a doctor's appointment tomorrow. Naturally, Nicolas just called me to let me know it was a lot fun. Shit!

JP arrived, we had a very civilized dinner (diligently prepared by yours truly) and he is now sleeping on an aerobed in the living room. Day one is done.

11:59 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives