WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Wednesday, March 09, 2005  

Mid-life celebration?

Most of my adolescent years were spent in Paris, France, where I attended an Italian high-school. I will not mention my academic achievements which were certainly not impressive (I was a lousy, lousy student) but I can assure you I had a highly active social life and plenty of friends. Through all these years I have kept in touch with a few of them, some consistently, some on a less regular basis. Others I have no clue as to their whereabouts, although I remember them fondly. Of course there is also a small number about whom I couldn't give a damn and an even smaller number whose existence I don't even recall. But here I am now, getting old and growing nostalgic. I envision meeting them all again, finding out about their lives and criticizing their mates mercilessly. I am thinking of organizing a big party in Paris for all of us to gather and reminisce.

I made un my mind a couple of days ago and wrote a guy from school who has recently discovered my blog (yes, you, Zeno) and confessed to having been toying with the same idea. The ball is now rolling. I have sent and received quite a few e-mails in just a couple of days and the response so far has been encouraging.

I know that for me it is, among a number of different other things, also a way of reclaiming at least in part the person I was before I met JP. While I am obviously not the same exact person now, nor would I want to be, there are aspects of my personality that have not changed that much. Like here I am, forever organizing social events ...

1:21 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives