WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Sunday, March 06, 2005  

I should send this to Ray Romano

It was Saturday yesterday and as such it was call-your-mother's day. I called from my cell, while waiting for Debra on the street. It was cold, I was soaked from the gym . She sort of asked it a whiney voice when could I go see her. I reacted in my usual mature, controlled way. Totally lost it. Her answer? Straight out of Marie's mouth from Everybody loves Raymond: "Don't shout at me. It reminds me of when your father was alive and we were a happy family". Sometimes she manages to outdo herself.

The outer boroughs

I had never been to the Brooklyn Museum yet so when Marc told me about their First Saturdays event I jumped at the idea. After spending the afternoon with Debra buying fabric (she for curtains, I for the seats of my revamped chairs) and then pigging-out at the Red Lobster I barely made it home in time for a shower before going out again. I ended up going to Brooklyn with Fabian and Peter and briefly meeting with Marc over there. He was there with friends who were not in a dancing mood. He was not happy. But I was. It was great. Loud disco music from back-when blasting among works of art. Lots of people. Little black kids dancing. Older people. Babies. Families. Friendly smiley people having fun. Some were fantastic dancers, like a girl with a fantastic body to boot. I can only hope her feet stank.
We danced until it was over and then left to have dinner at a local BBQ restaurant. Well, Fabian and Peter had dinner. I was still digesting my lunch so I stuck to a corn-on-the-cob and about a gallon of Diet Coke.

There's something about this Peter guy I noticed and appreciated: he goes out of his way to be kind and friendly. To me and to everybody else around him. I really like good manners and thoughtfulness.




More home improvement

I spent some time this morning painting the chairs but I need to run to Home Depot to get a few items.

1:22 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives