WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Sunday, March 20, 2005  

Belly laughter

I hadn't laughed as hard as yesterday in a while, and believe me, I am the kind of person who tends to laugh hard every day.
We tried to go see the show. Only it was not a dance show. It was Chekhov's Three Sisters played at the Manhattan Country School. There were a few people from the dance class there who already had tickets. Mercifully the show was sold-out. We were put on a waiting list but I immediately started lobbying to get outta there as fast as possible. I was relentless. I had no intention of spending my Saturday evening watching a three-hour artsy-alternative production of a depressing play. Nothing against culture, but not when I was looking forward to fun, not drama.

Evetually Marc, Rommy and I left the UES for St. Mark's Place and too many Lychees Sake to count at Klong's. We had to wait over an hour for a table but finally got a good one. Food was excellent. So were the drinks. And the belly laughter. We were planning on going dancing afterwards but the alcohol kicked in and with it the yawning and sleepiness. After a brief stop at Paprika to say hi to the owner and his very friendly Brazilian girlfriend Rommy hailed a cab and Marc and I shared a ride, and uncontrollable giggles.

In a little while I will be off to a party at Oscar's. There will be live jazz and a photo exhibition.

More friends in town

Brigitte is arriving next Friday.
Pam on Thursday.
Annie will be here on April 2nd.

1:56 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives