WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Monday, February 14, 2005  

A wonderful landlady

I left the apartment early this morning. Actually, Lisa rang my door when I was on my way out and we managed to have an extremely chatty breakfast together (I was starting to worry about her not showing up). A couple of hours later I get this voicemail at work from one of the doorman (the only one who's really really obnoxious) informing me the building needs a written authorization from the landlord in order to let the painters do their job. Then I get a call from the painter, who had actually started ripping off the wallpaper before being stopped by the superintendent. I speak to the doorman. He is loving it. He's a jerk and as such has not received any X-mas tip from me this past holidays - nor will he ever again. I ask to speak to the superintendent. Instead of getting him on the phone the idiot tells me he - meaning the super - needs to talk to the landlady, not me. Than he says something about the rules being the rules. Exactly the kind of bullshit that pushes my buttons. He has perfected the condescending attitude to an absolutely unnerving level. He's patronizing and bullish. He is also the senior doorman I think. A real pity because the rest of the staff is, almost without exception, a delight. Two of them in particular, but I digress ...

So I called the landlady, left a voicemail, sent her an e-mail and just talked to her. She has already called the super AND faxed her authorization. And on top of it she laughed with me at the stupidity of it all.

I love the woman.

12:22 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives