WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Monday, February 14, 2005  

Traumatized by chivalry

Today I rode the train by myself for the very first time, like a big girl.
I proudly waited for the 6 train in Grand Central, downtown bound. I could even tell the local from the express. I let the 4 go by. Everything was going smoothly. Then the my train comes, and it's not even packed, yet, the very second I put a foot on the car, before I could even look for a spot, the guy sitting immediately across from me jumped to his feet to offer me his seat. I protested. He insisted. I sat down. Several minutes later, when I got off, he was still standing there.

Do I look pregnant? I hope not. There were much bigger ladies on that train. Also, I had a huge overcoat on that makes it really hard to guess my shape. I know I don't look old and frail, or at least not that old and frail, so what was is? Just an act of random kindness? A way for the Universe to tell what a pleasant experience riding the train can be?

12:17 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives