WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Saturday, February 19, 2005  

Fuck the early birds

Yesterday we were out of the house by 9 AM. It was a frigid day, perfect for strollling in the Park, making sure my cold got worse, checking out the Gates and eventually, once we were completely frozen, hopping to the Met to see the textile exhibition. Day before yesterday we had gone to
Yesterday we went to see another one at Pratt's (Cut & Construction: The Foundations of Fashion). I can now tell a dress from a car.
We came back home just when the painter was about to leave. We let him vent about his boss. He needed it, the poor kid.
Then we went downtown to Jonathan's to meet his baby, Matthew, and have dinner with him. I met his mother, who asked me to call her and go see her. She made it a point to tell me she was not bullshitting me (in these exact terms). She is an artist, a former member of some Indian sect and a very funny lady.

Today started in the worst possible way, with the housekeeper arriving at a little past 9 and Pam knocking at my bedroom door to get the vacuum cleaner just a few minutes later. Then of course the vacuum cable was stuck under the bed so I had to get up and lift up the bed and unplug the computer and fuck up the wireless network and who knows what else in order to free the fucking monstruosity. I hate rough awakening. Especially when I am tired and sick.

We got about two million things to do today. The guy who was supposed to assemble my bookcase yesterday never showed up but Johanny is coming to the rescue on Sunday. I don't know a lot of guys who, when asked to come and do hard labor, thank you for thinking of him and giving you the opportunity of helping you. As I told him, I don't know what I was thinking when I married him off to a friend.

Somebody wanted to charge me around 20 bucks from a sconce replacement for my Medusa lamp. I am happy to report I have found a much better deal on the Net.

10:07 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives