WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Thursday, January 20, 2005  

Zzz ...

I never went back to sleep yesterday/this morning. Or rather, I drifted in and out of sleep from 7.30 to 9 am. Therefore, I had decided to come home after work and try and rest. Then Miguel said he was in a mood for a beer. I couldn't say no so I said yes and started rallying the troops. In the end Miguel, Pamen, Chema, Nicolas, Benjamin, Fabian and I went to a bar on my street. I got very involved in a debate about Catholicism that I will not even try to explain right now. Then Chema and Fabian and Benja left and the rest of us went out to dinner at the East Japanese Restaurant. I got myself in yet another hot debate: men and gay sexuality vs. female sexuality. Again I will not even attempt to explain it now. I am way too tired.It's not a matter of beauty sleep anymore. It's either I sleep or I'll collapse.

Tomorrow we have the day off from work, so I organized an outing to Chinatown for lunch. Pamen raves about the duck at a place on Mott Street so we are heeding her advice. We will be about 8. The rest of the weekend is starting to take shape: Saturday, after Derek's unavoidable class, I'll take Melissa out. Sunday afternoon I'll meet with Vivienne. Either Friday or Saturday night I'll go to Cecilia's. She's back and I feel a bit like I got my kids back. They're her kids, of course, but I spend quite a lot of time with them and miss them when they are gone. Today I had lunch with the little one. She would not tell me is she liked my haircut, which leads me to believe she hates it. It would be a pity because everybody else loves it. Or lies to my face.

I am looking into some new volunteering opportunities. I checked Volunteer Match on line today and then spoke with Fabian. I am leaning towards a soup kitchen for the homeless once a week, very early in the morning but I haven't made up my mind yet.

Oh, I need to go to IKEA too. My housekeeper broke my gooseneck multicolored lamp today (the one featured in our very first animation) and I need a replacement. I also need a new bed and a couple of wardrobes. Right now I am salivating at several design websites, and one in particular. I'd love to write about a million things but I can't. Gotta sleep. Gotta sleep. Gotta sleep.

11:40 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives