WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Friday, January 07, 2005  

Reality check

I almost did not watch the news in Spain so, although I heard about the tsunamis, I did not really get the magnitude of the tragedy. I heard numbers but numbers don't mean much. Since I came back I am glued to CNN. I am now watching "Voices from the tsumanis". Now it's sinking in. I went through something similar on 9/11. At the beginning the shock and the numbers, then the stories, the images, the real people. It must have felt like the end of the world. Having your whole family wiped out. Your friends wiped out. Your town wiped out. Is it really worth living afterwards? Yes, probably, but I am not sure why, beyond the mere animalistic survival instinct. If it's so hard to overcome one loss, I can't imagine what it must be like to lose everybody and everything. I am watching and trying to imagine, but it's way beyond what I can feel. It's hard to see the sea in the same way now too. I used to love it. I suspect it now.

Oh. Another huge news: Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston are separating. The world is indeed coming to an end.

By the way, after several years of perfectly manicured fingernails, I have now gone back to gnawed stumps. I think I need a shrink.

10:22 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives