WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Tuesday, January 25, 2005  

Late night soliloquy

I forgot to send myself a whole batch of pictures taken Sunday by Carmen so I won't be able to upload them until tomorrow. But I did upload a handful taken by Pamen, a couple taken by Monse and the ones I took myself. They are in an on-line album for you to enjoy.

We might be getting more snow on Wednesday!

In an effort to enlarge my circle of acquaintances and, hopefully, friends, I am considering joining a social club . I am not interested in on-line dating or any single scene for that matter, I only want to meet new people. The whole concept of on-line dating, and filling profiles and check lists I find completely abhorrent. I would hate to meet anybody with a fixed agenda in mind (is he THE one? is he boyfriend material?) and I could not come up with a profile even if I wanted to. And I do not want to. By definition, if I make a list of the qualities I want, I am leaving out the ones I might not even know I want. I'd rather be surprised. I'd rather discover new things and new people and the worlds they bring with them. Forget the profile and the checklists. Just dazzle me.

Actually, on-line dating is a current pet peeve of mine and I could go on and on about everything that is wrong with it, but it's 1.30 AM and my brain is not functioning at full capacity. Maybe tomorrow.

12:01 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives