WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Saturday, January 22, 2005  

We almost froze

Got my first metrocard today! It was not the most brilliant idea, given how cold it was, but I decided to act on one of my New Year's resolutions. Cab fares have really gone up and there's the added value of maybe having somebody spot me, fall instantly in love/lust with me and mention me on craiglist's missed connections, I am in need of both exposure and cash, hence the metrocard.

We had lunch at the Pecking Duck House and then tried to get our auras read at a local store. They would not give us a group discount and, frankly, 25 bucks each is a bit too much for a little fun. So we walked up to Pearl River where I checked out several lamps and details to redecorate my bedroom (by the way, I think I found the solution for my floors). From there we took the train (second time! yay!) to Chelsea, where I wanted to see an installation. Obviously, we didn't "get it" but there were three guys and a girl who seemingly did and were very intently talking about it. Frozen and feeling stupid and unartistic we all split and called it a day. Finally I hailed a cab and came back home, climbed into bed and turned the heat on. Heaven.

Tomorrow there should be heavy snow in the afternoon.




Marc, Elena, Chema, Pamen, Carmen, Benja, the unmentionable, Nicolas - stuffed full - The photo was taken by Elena but I refuse to thank somebody who makes me look so much like my mother



Elena's shadow at the installation - Courtesy of Elena



Carmen at the installation - Courtesy of Elena

12:23 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives