WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Thursday, December 09, 2004  

Die, monster, die!

The beast was caught. I only hope he's not a member of an extended family.

Day before yesterday, in truly geek-fashion and with a sense of mounting panic, I left my Tekno dog guarding the kitchen, hoping the furry revolting thing would be terrified by the robot’s tail-wagging and blinking red eyes. Unfortunately Tekno's batteries ran out. Yesterday evening I begged my favorite doorman to do something and he immediately came up and put some glue traps in the kitchen (guess who’s going to get a fat X-mas tip from me?). When I came back from some bar hopping, the creature was stuck to the glue, feet up in the air, making screeching sounds. Pam will kill me. She wanted me to buy a Havahart trap and free the mouse in Central Park. Yeah, sure.

Yesterday, while Mickey Mouse was fighting for its life, I had half a dinner at the Townhouse with Nicolas, Miguel, Mario and Bernie. We then went to a bar across the street. The bar was not 100% gay. There were some lesbians too. And maybe one hetero. And there was a drag queen show.

After a couple of apple martinis we split along sexual persuasion lines and Bernie and I tried the bars on 2nd Ave. They were all pretty deserted. Finally we got to the Divine and stayed there until they turned the lights on. The guys there must live in fear of seeing me cross the door. Their early night is pretty much shot if I am in the house.

In any case this Bernie guy is very nice. Sweet and not stupid at all. Interesting conversation.

This evening is Nero’s party at work. We might continue the celebration elsewhere after 11 PM.

Tomorrow I might go to the movies. Then Saturday is Fabián's ordinations and all-day festivities. Sunday will be crazy. I have a million things to do. I have to start packing and I have to take care of basic maintenance (hair coloring, manicure, pedicure, brow shaping, teeth whitening, etc.). This business of looking "natural” is very time-consuming. Some people actually believe I don’t wear make-up. Ha! My skin is usually buried under several strata of products. Should you see me au natural you would barf and you would not even know what you're barfing at because you would not recognize me.

3:16 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives