WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Sunday, November 07, 2004  

Jumping on the bandwagon

OK, so last month, between regular international calls, international calls via a calling card, regular call from cell phone and the appalling roaming fees while I was away enjoying the summer my phone bills climbed to a scary $700. I started looking into options. I first installed Skype and have been using it almost daily with my soon-to-be-ex-in-laws in Madrid, then I kept on researching. I probably agree that Skype might not be the way to go. So I got my myself a free SIPphone number, to try it out with network to network calls to see if I would splurge for a virtual number and a paying service. More researching and yesterday I added a land number in Rome, Italy where I can receive calls for free, courtesy of an Italian provider. So now friends of mine who live there can call a local number and I get the call through my computer. We've just tried it with Monica, she was calling from her cell and I was using the regular mike on my iBook and the sound quality was still great. I am now looking or a provider that would give me a free land number in Madrid and maybe one in Montevideo and life is going to rock. I will also save a lot of money that will probably go into a new and better gadgets.

Should I go to the office or shouldn't I? I have work to do but it could wait until Monday. And it's such a gorgeous day ...

9:54 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives