WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Monday, November 01, 2004  

Been very lazy


Aside note: in the last few days I've received three different compliments from perfect strangers regarding my green and pink Converse sneakers, but Thursday at the dentist the compliment came from a most unusual source: a perfectly coiffed lady wearing a Chanel-like suit. I walk into the waiting room, plop on a chair across from her and see her eyes immediately darting down to my feet and then coming back up to my face. She just flashed the widest grin with a hearfelt "Great sneakers!".


Haven't been blogging much lately. Fact is I am tired. Physically drained. Must be the new workout. A week ago Saturday was my second official workout with Kissy. I told her I wanted to work harder. She obliged. The bitch. Then I went to Derek's class and then off to Claudia's for Pascale's baby shower. I am glad to report I won one of the games. The last girl to arrive was so funny we all want her to forget med school and start touring as stand-up comedian. She had us all in stitches. From the shower off to another party, at Miriam's (Fabian's friend). She lives in a beautiful Upper Eat Side basement apartment, funkily decorated and with a great patio with a heater, a bbq and white sofas. The guests were very colorful, very different, different styles, different ages. There was also a sort of talent show. Some people danced tango, some played the guitar. Then a poor lost soul did veil dancing. She was wearing very little and she was a pretty enough girl, but her dancing sucked. And it went on and on and o, one song after another. She was on a ego trip at our expenses. When she was finally done the rest of us got to dance and jump around a bit but by 1 AM I was exhausted. A real pity because the party included breakfast and if dinner was any indication it was going to be yummy.


Sunday, I stayed at home the whole day until I met Annie and a few interesting characters for dinner. One of them was a 70-something Italian baroness who writes novels. A riot of a woman. After dinner Annie, her boyfriend Jeremy and I went over to the café by Mediterraneo to say hi to the waitresses and have a delicious and free cocktail.


Monday dinner at Cecilia's. Tuesday class with Derek. Wednesday babysitting Cecilia's kids. Thursday falling asleep drooling in front of the TV, walking up a couple of hours later and spending the rest of the night in trance-like awake.


This past Friday happy hour with a bunch of firiends/colleagues. Had fun up until a certain point, the point when the conversation gets totally stuck and wherever we are gets transformed into the equivalent of the proverbial water cooler. Personally, when I am not at work the least I talk about work the better. And I have grown compeltely bored with talking about colleagues. Unless it's a really juicy piece of information, it involves hot sex on the Xerox machine or forgotten children, I really couldn't care less. Almost everybody I work with I like, but it's a kind of bland appreciation . They are good people and I do not wish them ill but they are absolutely and totally uninteresting to me. Lots of them I find painfully boring. With quite a few we could come from different planets for all we have in common and although it's good to be exposed to different ways of life, I'd rather confine this growing experience to the hours I am at the office. So frankly, no shop talk on my free time.


Saturday I worked out with da man, Adam, skipped Derek' s class and went to Cecilia's for Anastasia's Halloween party. From there off to Oscar's for Nidia's sister's painting exhibition. There again, I had a good time until theystarted singing sappy songs. Then I was gone whitin seconds.


Today, Sunday, I went to the office but I had such a bad headache that I came back home and worked from the comfort of my bed.


So that's that.


In the meantime I am planning the holiday season. I almost made up my mind. Spoke to M.A. a week ago and I might join him in Zermatt in December. This of course if he does not change plans, which will surely happen a half-dozen times. Then I'll go to Madrid for X-mas and New Year's Eve. Till then, a friend of my sister's and his son are spending a week with me at the end of November. At the beginning of December my friend Liliana and her boyfriend might come over for a couple of weeks. And Katja might too. Then in January I might have to take care of an Argentinean male model now living in Paris. He might have to come to NYC for work and he has no place to go. I am such a nice person that I volunteered to take him in. I hope he makes lots of friends and he brings them home to meet momma.


From the mouth of men

At the gym Saturday morning: "I am sure you play as hard as you workout". That was definitely a compliment.

At the exhibition on Saturday, an old man, a former priest or pastor, a widower, completely plastered, after proposing to two cuter, younger girls, came to me to inform me I have the 5th power which, to him, means I can do with men whatever I please. I've got "it". The good thing about the "it" it's it's not related to youth or beauty, you can actually be damn old and ugly and still have the power. God knows why he had to point that detail out.

The cabdriver that drove me home after the showing took a look at me and pronounced me "not the partying type". Once again, I am not sure it was meant as a compliment.

1:24 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives