WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Monday, October 11, 2004  

Total muscle failure - total VISA card collapse

The consumistic monster inside of me should lay low for a while now.
Saturday I met Adam at 9 AM, went through a consultation and a workout with him and a trainer in training. On the second machine my legs were shacking so badly the whole machine was rattling. Hilarious and embarrasing.
I loved the guy. He's personable, fun, non judgmental and a great salesperson - I bought a 6 sessions package. Now lets hope it works as well for me as it did for other people. If intense pain is any indication, then I've found something really effective!

After the workout I just had to go to Bare Escentuals and get some make-up. I might have to move out of my place just to accomodate my ever expanding make-up stock.
From Bare Escentuals to Derek's class where, for a whole hour, I was unable to spend a dime.
Lunch with Nicolas at the Amish Market and from there to Century 21.
Two ponchos, a terry cloth, a sports bra and a cardigan later we went uptown to meet a friend of his for a couple of beers. When she went home the two of us headed to an East Japanese restaurant on the West Side for dinner. On our way home I had to stop at magazine shop on Broadway and buy a trash magazine from every country I ever set foot in.

Woke up on Sunday wishing somebody could kick me out of bed. My muscles were so sore I could hardly move. I love it.

At 4ish Fabian and Carlos, a friend of his, Pilar, Nicolas and I to go to the party/brunch/barbecue at Chelsea Piers. It was fun. A guy making asado on a platform on the river, with huge boats passing by, a view on NJ, a huge dancing floor. I met another friend of Fabian, Peter, an American guy who speaks French and has a great sense of humor. Marc, his brother and sister-in-law and Borja with a friend were there too, as was Pamen. I had a good time, eat, drank and danced a lot. I actually danced with such enthusiasm that I lost my top. Fortunately it was a top that was on top of another top and underneath the poncho, so I slipped it down and stepped out of it right then and there.
From the party Pilar, Marc and his brother and sister-in-law and I went to Washington Street. First to a bikers/country joint were Pilar was repeatedly hurled abuse at for daring to ask for water or wine. The very ladylike bartender pointed out to her leather bra and made it quite clear she could get water at a nearby gas station. After a while the whole raw act got a little old and as soon as Marc's friend Kate arrived we left for munchies and drinks at Highline. My kiwi margaritas were not bad at all.

In an hour or so I am taking the train to Stradford, Conn. to meet Don. The poor man has no idea what he is getting into. He'll regret wanting to see me.

2:40 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives