WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Tuesday, September 07, 2004  

Leaving Laguna

The first part of the trip is over. I had no time nor desire to blog. The beach was great, the weather perfect. The boys are still asleep but in a short while they will we up we'll have breakfast, go to the pool, pack and wait for our van to pick us up at noon.

Yesterday we had dinner at home with Connie and David and a couple of neighbors. The guy's business is urns that look like leather-bound book. In Italian leather, mind you. The conversation got a little morbid, with details on worms and research on burials and cremations and market shares. Not that it really bothers you when you are nursing your 10th mojito.

The day was spent at the beach and the pool. The back of my legs are now a lovely shade of crimson. And I am so pissed that I always come last in lousy swim races at the pool. Damn.Sunday I did not leave the house at all. The weather was too hot for me and then one of those moods of mine hit me. I did not get up and going fast enough, lost momentum, was too late for the beach because I had to be back at the house for brunch with Bea, and so forth. Ended up staying in my room, with the blinds closed and the ceiling fan on, reading "Lovely Bones". It's a great book, though I have to stop now and then to weep out the emotions.

OK, one of the guys is up. The day has officially started.
I am wondering whether to take my iBook to Puerto Rico.

8:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives