WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Sunday, August 22, 2004  

Weekend in the city

So I went to work yesterday morning and then went our for lunch to a Japanese place and then for coffee at Starbucks. As soon as we stepped out it started raining cats and dogs. We waited and waited and waited but eventually had to somehow squeeze under one tiny umbrella and head back to work. Half of me was drenched when I got there, or maybe 2/3 of me, considering that my feet were soaked too, so I just turned off the computer and came home to a warm bath. I really do not need to get sick again.

In the evening M.A. and I had dinner with Annie at Mediterraneo. I am quite impressed with Annie. In a few short years she has matured so much and yet she is funny as ever, so pretty and animated. While we were having dinner Vito, the owner, was constantly coming to the table to chat with her. The guy is a social animal and, from what I hear, a genuinely nice and generous guy. Now for some name-dropping ... I asked about a very nice red Vespa parked on the sidewalk and Annie told me it was Mauro Maccione's, of Osteria del Circo and Le Cirque (one of the snobbiest restaurants in town) fame. He was at Caffe Med next door (owned by Vito too). So I got some background info on his fiancee, Francesca, who was sitting there with him and with whom Annie has had dinner recently. All this is really just for the sake of name dropping. The guy is really unattractive.

No rain today. Just spectacular weather. I've been working at home since early this morning and I am now waiting for M.A. to be done with gym/laundry so we can get to Central Park. I am also trying to call Pascale but the line has been busy for hours now!

1:19 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives