WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Monday, August 16, 2004  

Releasing my inner slut

Yesterday I had dim sum lunch with M.A. and Nicolas and a bunch of his friends at the Golden Unicorn. Daniel was at my right working the table like a pro. He got to choose the food, order the drinks and keep the table tidy. Everything was delicious and everybody was fun, though the pace of mastication was a little hasty.

So it was Nicolas, M.A., Daniel and then Maya, Daniel's sister, and four other guys. Two were a couple, one seemed to be with Maya and the fourth one I hit it off with immediately. He's this 28 years old skinny bitchy red-haired party boy.

After dim sum we had coffee (and limoncello) at Ferrara and then everybody split and the skinny boy and I ended in a cab on our way to Oscar's party. Only then we managed to find out our names. He's Brian.

The party was very slow in starting so we got to meet practically
everybody as they came in. It was very mellow, very East Villagey. A very diverse mix of people, all ages, all races, some with dogs, some with kids, some with babies. Some played music, some had company in the bathroom. There was one very intriguing couple: Jan and Dylan. She has a very interesting face, kind of stern but with sparkling mischievous blue eyes. She could be Pam's sister. Almost her twin. Dylan is a primitively attractive guy. Very tall, somewhat gangly. He's also kinda cuddly. They said they knew they wanted to hang out with us when we walked in, took a look at the steps leading into the garden ("the mini cliffs" as Dylan put it) and Brian made a comment about needing to plan for an alternate route before we had one beer too many. I liked Mimi too. She's a photographer and one of the five people celebrating her birthday that same day.

After some drinking, some inhaling and some eating I really really needed to dance.

It had to be Splash. I now it's supposed to be totally gay, but I danced up a storm sandwiched between several guys, ended up with one phone number from a black guy who was actually begging me to call him and ... well ... got sort of busy with a very cute, somewhat confused, tongue-pierced mostly straight, born in the projects 24-years-old teacher from NJ. His girlfriend of several years dumped him in May and he is still not over it. Fortunately he is definitely not over girls either.

Presents!

Elena is back from her holidays and she got me not one but two presents, both of which I am crazy about: a bright orange sock-like holder for my cell phone and a gizmo to hang my cell from my neck.
It's amazing how she has my taste down pat! I should hire her as my personal shopper!

2:28 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives