WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Wednesday, August 11, 2004  

Answer from Susan

Than I or than me - Which is good English?
According to "The Good English Guide" by Godfrey Howard, both are used, so use whichever comes naturally. For most of us, that will be "than me", "than him". If you prefer "than I", it is better to complete the sentence: "She is taller than I am." Otherwise it can sound stilted. In some sentences, look out for the risk of confusion: "She loves him more than me" could mean "She loves him more than she loves me" or "She loves him more than I love him." In such cases, spell it out and say what you mean.

Thank you!

8:33 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives