WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Monday, July 05, 2004  

Very slow week-end and ode to the geek

I can't remember what I did on Friday, which means probably squat. Thursday night I worked late but managed to squeeze in half an hour at Marc's to look at pictures of way back when (specifically, when he was living in China, working for a radio and dancing at the local Hard Rock Cafes). Saturday I took Derek's class (new choreography, not difficult but very fast, a lot of fun) and then went shopping on my way home, in my drenching wet workout clothes. Managed to squander more money on ill fitting stuff. Got home, took a nice long bath and then slept most of the afternoon. And then it was the 4th of July. I had the choice between a picnic with Cecilia and her family downtown ( Lyle Lovett was giving a free concert) or to go see Farenheit 9/11 and then have dinner at America with Sanjida and her group. I chose to stay home, play around with clay for a while, eat a whole container of strawberry cheesecake ice-cream and try to get a pedicure only to find the place closed. So I did the next best thing, bought a couple of different hair-colors and proceeded to do a little highlighting.

I worked the evening shift this past week. The guy in charge of the shift is our resident geek, somebody who is not very well liked and I can't figure out why. He's actually one of my favorite people. Not only I like him very much, but I owe him big time. If he had not opened the door to geek kingdom to me I would probably be dead by boredom by now. He's socially awkward and kind of shy so people think he's full of it. I find him to be funny in an uptight way. And he is a great guy.

It's a national holiday today. I planned on having a fully hedonistic day but I guess all the women left in Manhattan for the week-end had the same idea and all the nail shops in the neighborhood are packed. I did get a massage though. M.A.'s plane should have landed by now. He's in town for a couple of months this time. I am looking forward to the easy conversations, the great food and the bar hopping.

Hey! I am watching some best of Ricki Lake and there's the ex couple fromcutecouple.com . Small world.

4:23 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives