WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Thursday, July 22, 2004  

To blog or not to blog

The problem with blogging is you don't do it in a void. You have to mention the people around you. Some people are around you more than others and they might not like the idea of starring in a web journal. Or they might say they don't care when they do. Or they might not know what the heck they want. So on the aftermath of the party on Friday I found myself in a stupid booze-induced confrontation with a friend I don't want to hurt or piss but seem to have a knack for making upset. I decided to keep the peace and drop the blog.
Now he assures me he does not want me to stop blogging. I can't say I fully believe him and I am afraid this wil be a recurring topic of contention but if I stop now he will get pissed again. It's called a no-win situation.
In a way it's a moot point because I am so damn careful about what I write that it's making for a very lame reading lately.
You wonder who reads you. Total strangers you don't care. They are strangers after all. Close friends you don't care either. They know everything anyways. The problem starts with acquaintances and coworkers. How much is too much? It's not like I blog my drug habits or my masturbation schedule but ... it does not leave much else to talk about ...

Off to Bermuda

M.A. and I are off to Bermuda on Friday, coming back on Monday morning.
I am not taking my iMac, not bringing my iPod, not even my digital camera. First time ever I travel gadget and computer-free. I trust it's going to be OK. I still plan on scrapbooking the trip, probably book-altering the travel guide and then I'll take pictures of it.

I can't believe I agreed to a vacation involving wearing a bathing suit.
My first I thought was that I would skip the beach part, but then I saw photos of the water and quickly came to the conclusion I absolutely could not pass the experience.
The second solution could be to send M.A. to a beach and go to another one myself. That would solve the problem with him but what about the rest of the people? I don't feel comfortable killing the whole island. I did a little soul-searching and realized that if I am the problem, then the solution has to be found within myself: I'll have to start nursing rum swizzle early in the morning so by the time I have to get into the water and take off the shorts or the burka or whatever I feel I need to cover up in I won't care. I will hardly notice the world around me. I just hope the world will still notice me and get me out of the ocean when I start drowning.

A bathing suit is bad enough but a bathing suit and milky white skin with pink piggy undertones is as bad as it gets. That's why, in a mild state of forward-looking panic, I decided to put on some sunless tanning lotion. I've being doing it all my life but of course this time it was late at night and I was half asleep. The morning after, still half asleep, I looked at myself and I was covered in dark patches. I picked up the pumice stone and went at it like I was possessed. Now I look like I have Addison's disease AND I am into cutting myself. It could get worse. I could go bald overnight. Or I could grow hair everywhere. Or Tom Cruise could be sunbathing next to me.

12:57 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives