WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Sunday, July 11, 2004  

Spiderman 2 sucks

I can't believe the reviews at rottentomatoes.com! I hated every minute of it. Hated it with a passion. I was feeling claustrophobic and would have left half an hour into the movie had the theater exit being any nearer. I had liked Spiderman I and was looking forward to part II. I read the reviews and they were all favorable. Now I think people should lay off the booze and the drugs. It's like we saw a different flick. I went in expecting an action movie, instead I got a loser's love story and half-a-dozen boring personal crisis or more like the same personal crisis rehashed over and over again. I got fed up with Tony Maguire tear-brimming eyes and whiny voice. Kristen Dunst is as expressive as a kneecap. The dialogues were alternateilevly corny and crappy. Even the special effects sucked. Phony phony phony. Not entertaining at all. Finally I started dozing off but M.A. woke me up. Now that I come to think of it and knowing that he hated the movie as much as I did I have to question his motives. It was probably envy. Such an ugly feeling. He could not stand to see me happily snoring away. He had to see me suffer. Another girl who was with us, Ornella, said she liked the movie though the explanation was somewhat convoluted, something about the meaning of life and the fact that one cannot have it all. Hu? It was Spiderman, for chrissake!!!!!! Most surprising to me and vaguely disturbing, Nicolas liked it too. I just don't get it - we tend to agree on these matters! Is he losing it too?

Fortunately before going to the movies the day had been close to perfect. Great weather, drinks and lunch with M.A. at the Boathouse in Central Park, laying out on the grass post-lunch, cabbying up to Harlem to see an apartment and playing pool while waiting for the owner to come home to show it to us. Then midtown again for dinner with Francia and Nicolas. It was then and only then than disaster struck. I am done with movie critics. Forever. I swear.

Today was totally different. A lazy Sunday, a day of doing nothing. I spent the whole morning on the phone with different friends. By the time M.A. showed up I thought I was all talked out. Amazingly, I was not. We had lunch and a the usual lively conversation on the sidewalk terrace of a nearby Italian restaurant before splitting. I came back home to the AC, People Magazine and probably a long bath in a little while. Ahhh ...

7:45 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives