WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Tuesday, July 13, 2004  

Being nice, for once

Today I was in a generous mood and after seeing M.A. work his tail off at the office I graciously offered to cook for him. I made my own version of a favorite of his, penne alla siciliana, with tons of eggplant and mozzarella cheese. I vaguely remember the recipe from a restaurant (La Trattoria) in Geneva, Switzerland, and tried to reproduce it. As usual I cooked enough food to feed a small village. He'd better be hungry tomorrow and the day after tomorrow and the day after the day after tomorrow. We also drank an excellent red wine he had brought me last time he was here and finished off with some baklava, another favorite of his. The good thing about feeding this man is that you would think I was Daniel Boulud. It does not take a lot to make him puppy-like happy.

In the meantime we finally decided on the guest list, the menu and the shopping list for a party on Friday. It was not as easy as it sounds because it's for coworkers and it's always very hard to come up with a diverse group of people while trying not to offend anyone and bearing in mind that it's physically impossible to invite everybody. The fact is I am on a personal crusade against some quite depressing attitudes we have been having. I think we tend to behave like high-school kids. We go to the cafeteria and we don't want uncool people at our table. Same popularity shit. It's truly a disgrace and we should feel ashamed of ourselves. I, for one, am very ashamed. I think we leave a lot of good people behind. I think we can so damn snotty and judgmental it's pathetic. Basically, I think something needs to be done.


12:14 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives