WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Wednesday, July 07, 2004  

Back into the swing of things

Just back from drinks and dinner with M.A. We did go out yesterday too, with Monse and Nicolas and it was OK but today we slipped back into our old true and tried routine again. Home from work, a drink and out for dinner. Non stop conversation. Feels very comfortable and it sure is great to have a real dialogue. We hardly talked about anybody else, which is very refreshing. It's mostly about things that matter and the world in general. Politics, morals, the works. Animated debate. A little confrontation. Fun. And on the subject of debate, I can't but point out the article by Cristopher Hitchens (yes, the guy who dared speak up against that stupid Mother Theresa) on Farenheit 9/11. I totally despise Moore and I for one am standing up and clapping. He's no better than Bill O'Reilly. He's the same kind of bully, only from the other side. I resent being boxed. It's either I acclaim Moore as a courageous rebel (oh, pleeze! spare me!) or else I accept be counted as a Bush enthusiast. Well, I can't stand that populist pompous demagogue and I sure would not be caught dead praising Mr. Bush. It's kind of the same with the abortion issue. You're either pro choice and hence liberated, feminist, progressive, etc. or a pro lifer conservative fundamentalist Christian. Well fuck you. I am neither. Nat Hentoff is my man. Boy how I hate to be labeled!

12:30 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives