WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Thursday, July 29, 2004  

Any good news,please?

Yesterday life sucked. Today it sucked a little less. The weather helped some, the city helped a lot and Cecilia did her part.
Yesterday I already had had a rough afternoon instant messaging Katja in Paris. I updated her on the details of my life and she was so sweet about it I had a real hard time not bawling my eyes out. Then, when I was almost back to normal, the coup de grace: the results from the competitive examination came in and M.A. did not pass it. I am not even going to get into my personal opinion of a pretty fucked up and unfair process. I am going to skip all the details and get straight to the effect it had on me: like a punch in the gut.
Call it overreacting. I'm aware it's a tad ridicoulous, I have to admit it. It's not like it's a huge tragedy. It's not a tragedy at all, actually. He is not devastated. It's not something he desperately wanted. But it still sucks. It sucks a little for him. It sucks big time for me. I really miss the guy when he's not around and it does not look like he will be around much in the future.
So all I really wanted was to get plastered. Went home with Monse and then Pilar came too. I downed quite a few beers very quickly with a clear purpose in mind and a short while later I was where I wanted to be. By the time M.A. knocked at the door I was almost done with social niceties. By 9.30 PM I knew I needed to call it a night and try and sleep it out. I practically kicked them all out.

Today I woke up and on my way to the office somebody threw a gallon or so of water on me. I managed not to get too wet. I was almost expecting to be hit by the proverbial piano too.
I went to get a pedicure after work and screwed up the color on my big toe on my way out. And broke my sunglasses. Have I been jinxed?

Still, today's almost OK. The important thing is not not to feel down, it's not to stay there. It was Thursday today. Out to the terrace at the Sutton Place Bar and a tapas dinner at the Divine Bar. We had the most delicious Greek wine ever: Palivou Vineyard Nemea of '99. Yummy unusual chocolatey stuff.

Joe is coming with him mom on Tuesday. They are staying with me overnight. He's going through a crisis with his wife, she is divorcing her second husband. It's an epidemic. He told me to stock up the fridge with beer, we're going to have long talks. Can't wait. I might take Wednesday off.

Might go to Crobar tomorrow.

11:41 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives