WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Sunday, June 27, 2004  

untitledSaturday and Sunday, so far

Derek did not show up for the class but his sub's (Jim), routine was a lot of fun. Not funky at all, very Broadway-jazzy but fun.

On my way home from the club I managed to blow a hundred bucks on two pairs of flip flops, a new wallet, tan-in-a-can and voila.
There was this pushy lady at the first shoe store (just across from the gym, I did not manage to get too far without whipping out that card). We were both looking at these bright-colored heeled thongs, 2 for the price of 1. She somehow figured out we could get them for less than $10 each if we bought them together. We plotted, tried them on, went to pay and found out she had the wrong price and they were really $39 each. She backed off. I still wanted them, so I got them for $20 even though I only bought a pair. They are lovely and comfy and I might go and get another pair tomorrow.

After a nice siesta or more like it a deep unconscious nap, I was awoken by a call from Nicolas, back from his cruise. He was drunk and shout-it-from-the-rooftops happy. The cruise was fantastic, the crowd was fantastic, he looked good, the weather was spectacular, the town rocks and he loves me. The sweetest call. It's so nice when people want to share the good times too, as opposed to the gloomy obsessive details of every day life.

I met Annie and Elettra, a friend of hers from Florence, Italy, for dinner. Annie is 28 years old but Elettra is 21. Suddenly I found myself in the middle of plans to go out dancing with a whole bunch of twenty-something girls or, to be more lots of twenty-something girls and a few forty-something guys, for a total of about 30 people. No need to go through that. The owner of the restaurant was fawning over Elettra, who is 21 but looks like a very fresh 18 years old at the most. An adorable girl, but a very young girl. The guy on the other hand already has a wife, three kids and a 24-years-old lover. What's with him? In any case, the food was excellent, true Italian food, not tourist fare. It was good to see Annie again, she is doing very well. I'll probably go out with her and Pascale sometime this coming week.

On my way back from dinner yesterday I was playing with my Nokia, could not remember my PIN, got it wrong three times and was asked to enter my PUK code. Hu? I played around for a bit but luckily enough I went on the Net before it was too late: if you enter an incorrect PUK number more than ten time, the SIM is screwed and you've got to get a new one.

Update: Woke up, glanced at the sorry state of my feet after wearing the new flip flops yesterday (not the comfy ones), spent some more money shopping on-line for more shoes and a cami and then called ATT to get a PUK number that is not working so I now have to buy a new SIM card.

Strong coffee, please! I need to go get the new card before people start calling me.

10:53 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives