|WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life
Friday, June 25, 2004 Religious experience or ultimate stupidity?
You deserve the best in life
So if the time isn't right then move on
Second best is never enough
You'll do much better baby on your own
The lyrics so spoke to me. Proof that I am going bananas.
Anyways ... Wed. night Nicolas, Marc, Olivia, myself and just about all the fag population of NYC were at Madonna's re-invention concert at Madison Square Garden ready to be dazzled. Lots of pretty boys. One just within reach of my roving hand, distracting me from the show with his gyrating hips. Damn, I am such a sucker for a good dancer. I just can't resist a man who can move. OK, so they are gay 99% of the time, but that still leaves an exciting 1% to aspire to. But I digress. Madonna was great. Period. She has lousy posture though. Surprising for a dancer but she slouches. I was first appalled to notice that she had a somewhat bulging belly. I looked harder (binoculars are part of my standard concert gear) and no, not an ounce of fat on that girl, it's just that she sits on her hips and hunches her shoulders. Tsk tsk, it shows she had no nagging mother around when she was a teenager. Some girls are lucky that way.
Marc noticed it too, but of course I had to be the bitch who said it out loud. Well, the show was sold out and there was really not one seat available in the house. We were to the left and the back of the stage. Initially it looked like they might be shitty seats but they were not so bad after all. We could see just fine. In a way they were better than other seats because we could also see part of the backstage. She arrived about 45 minutes after opening time and she had all of us, and I do mean all of us, on our feet dancing for just about the whole concert, except for maybe 3 songs. She sang a nice mixture of oldies and new songs. She did not dance much, mostly moved around, strutting her stuff and striking poses. This is not to say that she did not dance at all, only that she did not dance up a storm. Her troupe did though and I was trying frantically to commit the steps to memory. A useless exercise, especially since I had a couple of margaritas at Mustang Sally afterwards.
This guy was there too. And so was this one. I have no idea who they are.
As for all the Kabbalah hoopla, seems we have a coworker going to the center in Midtown to "study it". Personally, I am waiting for something newer to come along. Kaballah is so last week and I hate to be behind the latest fad.
Blurry view from our seats before everybody started arriving
Keeping in line with my eclectic ways, today I went to Toy 'r Us with Cecilia, Silvio and the kids to get Nina a belated birthday present. We then had a quite forgettable dinner at an Indian restaurant.
Once back home I proceeded to download and listen to:
Stand by Me by Ben E. King
The Rose by Bette Midler
Anytime by Brian McKnight
If You Don't Know Me by Now by Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes
Brown Eyed Girl by Jimmy Buffett
To Be With You by Mr. Big
Sweetness Follows by R.E.M.
She Hates Me by Puddle of Mudd
Blurry by Puddle of Mudd
The Reason by Hoobastank
Blister in the Sun (MTV2 Version) by Guster
What I Like About You by The Romantics
Memory (Acoustic) by Sugarcult
Gin and Coconut Water (Jelly) by Baha Men
Blame by Chacon
Wartime Prayer by Clarence Bucaro
Raja Vedalu by DJ Cheb i Sabbah
Kese Kese by dj Cheb i Sabbah
Stay by Jackson Browne
American Life (Oakenfold Downtempo Remix) by Madonna
Bhangra Fever by MIDIval PunditZ
Kiss Kiss (Main) by Stella Soleil
Represent, Cuba by Orishas, featuring Heather Headley
We Came Along This Road by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
Can't Get You out of My Head by Kylie Minogue
Comments: Post a Comment