WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Wednesday, June 09, 2004  

Kindness pays

After 20 minutes at a street corner trying to hail a cab, two girls materialized three feet from me and one extended her arm up, then turned around, saw me, apologized. I thought it was a nice gesture, given the cab war in the city so I asked her where were they going. They were going downtown, I was going downtown. I told her we could share the ride. We waited for another long while, taking turns to lift our arms. Then they said they gave up and started walking away. Five minutes later one of them came running back to get me: they had secured a cab. Lovely. One was a big girl with great skin, a pop singer in a girl band, originally from South Carolina, in NYC for 4 years. The other a skinny, tiny, pretty blonde with a strong Southern accent, visiting for the summer. Random acts of kindness in the city.

Hooked on a new show

Don't miss Blow Out. I have yet to decide whether that Jonathan guy is totally gross or totally hot. A profound question that will keep my mind busy for a while.

Beautifying process

Got a haircut today. Not just any haircut. A GREAT haircut. I love this guy, Oscar. I've sent tons of clients his way. Tomorrow I'll probably have my braces taken off. Now, if I could only get new breasts ...

11:50 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives