WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Sunday, June 06, 2004  

untitledFamily life vs. freedom to party

Yesterday I had dinner at a coworker's I am only starting to know now. She has the most amazing apartment. A beautiful duplex with a huge terrace. Her husband being a painter trained as an architect it took them a year and a half to finish it but now it's extremely cool to say the least. It's loft-like and gorgeous enough to be in a magazine. Every little detail has been thought of. The huge silver fridge, the little blue Sharp microwave oven, the pebbles and painting in the bathroom, the rock garden in the terrace.
I can't keep but wonder if I could ever have had that or whether I could still have it. It's a moot point. The truth is I don't want it. I am not even sure why. She has a beautiful house, a good marriage, two great kids. I should want that life, but I don't. It seems so tranquil, so predictable.
Instead I've just come back from several hours of dancing on high heels and a bottle of water. And I am not even on drugs. My feet are about to detach from my body but I am absolutely happy. I am indeed a shallow broad.

2:07 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives