WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Sunday, May 16, 2004  

As busy as I wanted to be

So far we stayed home on Thursday and went out on Friday with Monse, her friends and Pilar and then, when they went home, cabbed back uptown to a new bar across from the Opal. But before that, as we were leaving the first bar, Monse's friend told us that Noah Wyle, of E.R. fame, was drinking a beer all alone. Indeed he was. And then he was smoking a cigarette all alone, and then amicably chatting with a girl, who left with her friends after a short while. So much for big celebrities hanging out in ritzy bars with their posses.

Saturday I went to the gym and then, with Marc, joined M.A. in Central Park for lunch at the Boathouse. In the evening we had about 16 people over and it was great fun (Pilar, Francia, Elena, Miguel, Nicolas with an extremely handsome and nice friend, Marc and his friend Kate, Mario, Pascale and Johanny, Monse, Cecilia, Romy, the girl from the gym, with her Italian boyfriend, Blanca and her boyfriend) M.A. had cooked up a storm, so there was plenty of delicious food and plenty of booze. I managed to dance for hours and otherwise make a fool of myself, as usual. People left around 3 A.M., completely wasted. M.A. was already fast asleep so I cleaned up (I hate to wake up to an after-party mess) and then zonked out myself. Seems it was a rude morning for most of our guests this morning, but M.A. and I were perfectly fine (we somehow managed not to get drunk ) so we took advantage of another gorgeous day.

We went back to the Park in the morning and tried to have lunch at the Boathouse again but it was completely booked, so instead we had Mexican food in the Upper West Side. We were home by 7ish. The plan was to set up the computer, the speakers, the food and watch the The Passion of the Christ. I wept all through it. It was not the sadistic depiction of the end of Jesus. I've seen enough gore movies and enough news on TV not to be moved by gratuitous violence. It certainly was not the thought of our savior getting that kind of treatment, because I don't believe Jesus Christ was anything else than a regular guy, if he existed at all. It was his mother, Mary, that did it to me. I lost what little composure I had left with the scene where she flashes back to when Jesus was a child and rushes to pick him up when he falls. Toilet paper was not good enough at that point I had to get up and go fetch the really good, strong-as-cloth paper towels from the kitchen. Good thing I had no make-up on. In any case, I missed the point of the movie. It does nothing to teach anything related to Catholicism. It's relentless violence for the sake of it. And not even fun violence.

11:57 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives