WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Saturday, April 03, 2004  

Yay yay yay

I really liked the funk class on Tuesday so I went for more today. A lot of faces I knew, either from Tuesday class or from when I used to take classes regularly. Lots of people. Friendly people. I came out of it so energized that I hopped directly on the treadmill for a 10/15 minutes jog that I interrupted only because, after drinking almost a bottle of water, nature was insistently calling.

I am so psyched I might soon go back to Sheryl's classes too.

I've researched the instructor on the Net and this is what I came up with:





Derek Mitchell - Jazz, Funk, Hip-Hop, Musical Theatre


Derek has studied for over 20 years with such masters as Frank Hatchett, Gregory Hines and the Erick Hawkins Dance Company. He teaches Jazz, Funk, Hip-Hop, Lyrical and Theatre Dance all over the U.S. and Canada with Dance Olympus, Tam Jams, Dance Masters of America, Thunderstruck, Pick the Stars Int’l, Headliners, Dance Technique Camps and other touring conventions. He is also on the NYC faculties of Broadway Dance Center, Steps And Peridance.

He choreographed, created and directed the N.Y.C. debut of “Thin Line” a new dance drama. Derek is a drama graduate of Performing Arts H.S. and has won numerous acting and choreography awards. He is currently an instructor, Group Fitness Director and Payroll director for Crunch and Public Relations and Marketing for Peridance.

5:05 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives