WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Saturday, April 10, 2004  

untitledIt figures

Walking to the gym today and knowing somebody was subbing for Derek I was hoping it would not be a 20-something that would try to get us rolling on the floor or doing other knee busting movements. I was pondering how old my poor knees are and then how old poor me is. Then it dawned on me what a disempowering thought that was. I modified it to something less harsh: it's not me that's getting old, it's just some parts of me, like the knees and, well, the boobs. There are other parts that just get better with age, pity I couldn't come up with any but I am sure if my memory wasn't shot already I could remember at least a couple.
Then Nadia, the instructor, comes in. She was clearly not a dancer and I thought I've seen her before. Of course! I've seen her do capoeira at the Y. Sure enough, after teaching us the first 8 counts she started with low turns and the getting on the floor, exactly the kind of things I was dreading. Amazing how the universe gives you what you expect of it. In any case, that was the end of the class for me. It was the end of the class for a few others too. Just about everybody over a certain age or weight. But not for Marc. He came with me as a guest and he did just fine. The bastard. My humiliating experience of the week. Make that of the day, as there's most probably something else coming my way tomorrow..


On my way home I stopped at a Hallwmark store where I saw a vaguely menacing card. It said "God will take care of you". I can only shriver and wait for the Holy Wrath to hit me.

A night at home

I am in a Sculpey frenzy. I did my first bottle yesterday. I am ready for another one now.
I will prepare myself some veggies and stay home tonight. Tomorrow I am meeting Vivienne for an early brunch.

7:02 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives