WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Friday, April 30, 2004  

Not meant to be

Like every morning, I woke up today and glanced at one of my two always-on computers to look at my messages. Then I started checking the news and there it was, splattered on the first page of an Italian on-line paper: strike goes on at Alitalia, flights cancelled.
I spent an hour on hold with the assholes but could only confirm, through an automated service, that my flight is indeed cancelled. Now I need to talk to a human being or somebody posing as a human being, to adjust my plans. I am considering canceling the whole trip. I am not looking forward to wasting hours at the airport surrounded by angry stranded passengers. I don't want to spend a week on the phone with Alitalia trying to make sure I have a flight back. I just don't want my holiday highjacked by their strike-happy inclinations. Vacations are for fun, not to be tortured by bureaucrats. Let's call again ...

On the bright side, given that I will not be departing this evening, I will get to go to Anastasia's pijama party. Yay!

10:56 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives