WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Sunday, April 11, 2004  

No pain no gain? I should be a millionaire by now

I had an early brunch with Vivienne today. We went to the Vegetarian Dim Sum House. She was going for a facial in Chinatown later and I decided to go with her and get a massage. We got there and waited and waited and waited. I hate this Chinese thing of never saying no! The third time I was told they would start on me in "5 more minutes" and then "just 2 more minutes" I got up and left. I'll probably get one hell of a massage tomorrow at my usual place. If I can walk there, that is. Right now that seems quite improbable but we shall see. I might be able to crawl in the morning.
All my aches and pains are the direct result of another class I took today: a hip-hop class with Leslie Feliciano. I was one of a few new people today and, I think, the only one left standing at the end. Everybody else had been working on the coreography for 4 classes/weeks and today was the last time they did it so I made a complete fool of myself desperately trying to mimick the woman before me. I did not give up though and was rewarded with some clapping and lots of positive feedback. This is all fine and dandy but a little less pain would be even better.

Perusing around Leslie's website I found a picture of him with MaDonna Grimes. I had completely forgotten that name and yetI I did take a couple of classes at her studio in L.A. quite a few years back, when I was in town after an IDEA convention in San Diego. I also checked this year's convention schedule and to my surprise some of the old timers are still presenting: Patrick Goudeau, Scott Cole, Angie Bunch ... ahhh ...

8:44 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives