WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Friday, April 09, 2004  

I need another coffee

Slowly emerging from a nite out. Cecilia's sister Lucia is in town for a few days and I hadn't seen her yet.
They decided they wanted to go check out the sex shops on Christopher St. and walk around the Village a bit. Dinner was at Deborah Life Love Food (yup, that's the name) where, according to Cecilia, the chef is a lesbian and where, according to me, so were the waitresses (aside thought: Wednesday night I went with Monse, her brother and her sister-in-law to the Cubbyhole. What is it with this lesbian trend?) The food was unequal. My fried calamari were very good. Lucia's chicken was blah. Same thing with the drinks, my mojitos (notice the plural) were great, their Manhattans' were not. Guess I lucked out. All of my choices were better (what's new?) so I ordered a drink for them, a mint chocolatey dessert cocktail and, of course, it was excellent. We stayed and stayed and stayed enjoying one of those alcohol-fueled rapid fire conversations until they turned on the lights and started cleaning the place.
I was certainly in no mood to come back home so we ducked in at the Duplex for a beer. A lot of fun, as usual. The tunes were somewhat different than other nights because the requests were made mainly by a few old geezers contorting in a disjointed fashion .... Plenty of Elton John and the Beatles - good staples to sing along. Cecilia got progressively chatty, dancy and lovey-dovey with Silvio and I started fantasizing with the appallingly gay men surrounding us. Definitely time to go.

A second cup of coffee sounds like a very good idea now. In a couple of hours I should be in Chinatown for dim sum. Then it's playtime at Pearl Paint!

11:13 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives