WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Friday, April 30, 2004  

Destiny?

Day before yesterday I was having this conversation with Lisa. She believes in destiny, tarot, palm reading, the works. I believe in free will. She asked me if I did not believe destiny was what had me meet my husband. I had to say no. It was not destiny, it was proximity. I find it more than a little farfetched to believe that everybody has a soul mate and that they always happen to be living within two blocks from you, or they are your cousin's roommate or your coworker. Lisa's idea of destiny is a little off too. She says she believes both in destiny and free will, meaning by that that one can either embrace one's destiny or chose to ignore it. In my book if you can chose it's not your destiny anymore. Anyways, all this is to say I might have to reconsider my belief structure. This frigging trip was not to be. Whoever or whatever is pulling the strings of my life had nothing better to do lately than screw up my holiday plans.

I am off to Alitalia's office to straighten this out.

1:54 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives