WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Saturday, March 13, 2004  

A vague sense of sorrow

Yesterday I diligently printed out 50 copies of the black ribbon and went with a bunch of coworkers to the demonstration in front of the Cervantes Institute (También unas 800 personas se concentraron en silencio ante el Instituto Cervantes en el centro de Nueva York, convocados por las autoridades españolas en la ciudad -consulado, misión ante la ONU, Instituto Cervantes-. La manifestación, formada en su mayoría por españoles, estuvo llena de pancartas con crespones negros en señal de luto. Tras cinco minutos de silencio, el acto acabó con una ovación.).

I've been hopping from one newspaper site to the next with a vague sense of deja-vu.
For some reason the article I found the most disquieting is one I can't seem to find now. It was about a daycare center where 7 children waited in vain for their parents to pick them up. Something about the image of little kids waiting for mothers and fathers that will never come back is profoundly disturbing to me.

I spoke to my niece Jimena this morning. She lives by the Atocha train station and she was telling me of the eery silence in the city, reminiscent of what it was like in NYC after 9/11.


Yesterday evening I was supposed to go to Monse's to meet a couple of friends of hers who were arriving in town but my friend Daniel asked me to look after his kids for a few hours and by the time he came to pick them up I had fed them and myself and lost momentum.

Today I let it all out on the bouncer and I am now ready to meet Vivienne for brunch. I hope to squeeze the juice out of the day because chances are I will be working tomorrow.


Geek news

I've opened an account at Hosting-PP. I already have all the space I need on Lunarpages but I'd like to play with PHP-Nuke or some other content manager and they charge $1 a month for each extra SQL database (the one that comes with the basic account is taken with the photo gallery). At Hosting-PP I would have unlimited MySQL databases and tons of open sources solutions. Play time!

So this is what happened yesterday! I spent hours trying to get to my Hotmail account!

12:52 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives