WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Thursday, March 11, 2004  

untitledRude awakening

Got up today to a phone call from Cecilia telling me about the bombs in Madrid. I checked my AOL IM and saw my brother on line. He's a journalist in Madrid so seeing him on line reassured me about his safety. I chatted with him briefly and then started trying to call my in-laws. I tried several phone numbers, managed to get through to one but could hardly hear what they were saying, except that they were OK. I assumed the phone lines would be a mess today in Madrid, just as they were here on Sept. 11th. so I IM my brother again and asked him to check on M.A., who's OK too. Thank God. My niece Jimena just called me, she lives across from the Atocha train station and was awakened by the explosions. ETA has yet to claim responsibility for the attacks but if I remember correctly the police foiled a similar attack not long ago.

9:06 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives