WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Thursday, March 18, 2004  

Apologies to the fans: the blog was down most of the day. Some problem with a server on blogger.com. Now everything is back to normal.

Yesterday was St. Patrick's. And I finally had a great evening out! First I went and had my hair chopped off. It was quite long, for my standards, and it was getting to look very ladylike. Frankly, I detest ladylike. Of course they did not go without a fight and yesterday morning they looked better than they had in months, pleading for their life. I ignored the ruse and kept my appointment with the hairstylist ... hair dresser ... hairs sculptor ... hair artist ... whatever ... He has done Uma recently, does Julia's sister consistently and has even chopped Meg's hair back when it was very long. Notice how I am now on first name terms with all of them now that our butts have shared the same chair. Anyhow, my hair is now way shorter than planned, but probably the length I secretly wanted. It's also kinda shaggy, not ladylike at all. JP will kill me but it's too late now.

After the chopping session I went to Monse's and from her place, with her two visiting friends and Pamen, we went over to a nearby Irish pub. I've been there once with M.A. before but can't remember the name of the place. After a few beers there I proposed a stop at The Duplex and there we had a grand ol' time. The singing waiters and waitresses were great, as usual, and the whole atmosphere was so much fun. I sang like there's no tomorrow or, more like it, I hollered painfully. I didn't even mind standing in line to use the disgusting bathrooms. People are so friendly and it's always nice to strike a conversation about different peeing urgencies. A guy actually begged me to pee as fast as possible. I think it's called an intercultural exchange.

A lot of beer was consumed. I wasn't particularly damaged (then again, I am a functional alcoholic) but it seems one of the guys does not remember long stretches of the evening. After The Duplex we had dinner somewhere and I finally got home happy. Content. Satisfied. Appeased.

More later. I gotta rush to Delta Grill for dinner.

8:17 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives