WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Tuesday, February 03, 2004  

untitledI got tons of presents yesterday. I liked them all, really, but I do have a favorite. Monse gave me a wonderful book . I mostly skimmed through it so far but even at first glance the content is hilarious and I love the layout. Seems I am not the only one raving about it. I put it on top of the pile of books awaiting to be read and I'll get to it as soon as I am done with the truly disquieting one I am reading now.

The party was good but I am still a little out of it, I am somewhat tired (doing nothing kills me - I believe wholeheartedly that energy creates energy and lack of action eats at you) and my mind is somewhere else. I gave my camera to Anastasia and anointed her the official photographer. Interesting to see what I child finds worth recording. I also uploaded pictures from Montevideo and Buenos Aires but I messed up something and will have to check it tomorrow.

Today I spent the whole day in bed doing nothing but eating chocolate before going to Cecilia's to baby-sit the kids while she and Silvio went out to celebrate their 20th anniversary.

Yesterday I was surfing the web and, as usual, checked an old URL which had not been working for a while. It used to be the website of a NY journalist who had a 24/7 webcam on. I corresponded briefly with her before moving to NYC and once she interviewed me for an article on unusual marriage arrangements. Eventually she became some sort of local celebrity, she taught people how to have their own webcams and got interviewed herself on TV. Then she shut down her site and that's the last I've heard of her. Until yesterday when suddenly there she was again, with a completely different look (she used to be very downtown, with the tattoos, the purple hair, the cargo pants), announcing her first book. I was so excited I wrote her an e-mail. She remembers me and we will soon meet face to face. There was also another guy who had a webcam on his site years ago. He was absolutely stunning but very sick with some sort of progressive disease. I chatted with him a few times but he too has disappeared, although I do check now and then to see if he resurfaces. I used to love personal webcams but I never really got into the famous JennyCam. I never got the hoopla, I never thought Jenny was that interesting, certainly not in the way AnaCam is. Nowadays I still like to peek into CuteCouple.com (I think those two are absolutely adorable).

3:19 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives