WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Friday, February 13, 2004  

Chameleon

Chatting with Pilar the other day the subject of my evolving personality came up.
I've been very fat, like now, and so skinny I was asked by a nurse whether I was anorectic, I've had long long hair, I've had a half shaved head, I've been all shades of blonde, red and brown, I've been totally preppy and downright grungy. I've strutted around in stilettos and lived in Dr. Martens' boots. I have owned a whole collection of slutty underwear or refused to wear anything but virginal cotton. I used to change jobs every couple of years. I either work out 3 hours 7 days a week or I don't work out at all, I drink everybody under the table or I hardly touch booze, I've been vegan for several years and then switched to Atkins (it did not last). My life is a succession of extreme phases because I get bored very quickly. I like something, I indulge in it until I am done with it. I've never bought a second bottle of the same perfume. I change my make-up constantly. I either go out every night or it's a struggle to get me out of the house. I live in a mess or I channel Martha Stewart. But somehow, in all of this, there is one thing that does not bore me: I am never bored by people - unless they are boring to start with. I've always been serially monogamous and my relationships with men have always been long and meaningful. I've lived in several countries yet I stay friends with my friends throughout the years. Liliana, for instance, I've known since I was 12. In all my life I can only recall falling out with two friends, one about 17 years ago and then very recently, here in NY. Other than that I have a knack for making and keeping strong relationships. Things bore me because they stay the same. People fascinate me because they change.

Yesterday morning my DSL connection was down but I was able to check my mail piggybacking onto some neighbor's unprotected wireless network.

9:01 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives