WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Monday, January 26, 2004  

THOUGHTS FROM DOWN SOUTH

Been absent for a while now. Shame on me and curse on the dial-up connection. I am now on cable and back to the swing of things.

Spent a couple of days in Montevideo this week and will be going back on Thursday. Managed to see a few people but not all of them yet.

My friend L. Has gone through a few obvious changes.

New boobs, new boyfriend. Both can be considered an upgrade.

The boobs are perfect. Not too big and shaped just right. They don't look like balloons or soccer balls about to explode. They move naturally. They fall to the side when she bends backwards. They hang when she leans forward.
They look fantastic and feel just a little denser than regular breasts but nothing too obvious, unless you are well versed in these matters. The scars are very small and well hidden under the breasts. All together, a great job.

The new boyfriend is tiny, built like a jockey and has lots of hair on his back, which was a piece of information I could have lived without. Other than that he is handsome and friendly and seems like a nice guy, a tad anal retentive. He's a former fatso with a huge mother and a huge sister who went through a bodybuilding phase, learned everything he needed to learn about nutrition and exercise and is now one of those annoying success stories.

Everybody here is getting the works done: boobs, botox, liposuction, eye lifts, etc . Even guy's faces and bodies are looking disturbingly taut while they are getting the silicone muscles and the surgically produced chin clefts.

I am starting to feel unnaturally natural.

So natural I decided not to go for the hair extensions. $ 1,000 seemed a little steep for somebody like me who will probably want to chop them all off within a couple of weeks. So far I dyed my hair back to its natural (???) color and had it snipped a bit. It's been several day already and I am yearning for yet another change: I'll probably get a few highlights. All this is of course a monumental waste of time, energy and money: the kind of weather we are experiencing only allows for one extended bad hair week.

Saw "The Last Samurai" yesterday. Loved it and wept as expected.

Afterwards JP took me to a bar. He made an effort and even danced with me for a while. I appreciated it even if it really felt like an effort.

In the meantime we are going to lots of excellent restaurants, but it's too hot for me to eat. It's too hot for me to drink too. I cannot finish a beer, I cannot have wine. I am on a water and Diet Pepsi diet. A disgrace.

Friday night we went to see a musical made in Argentina but left at the intermission. Personally, I could have left 10 minutes into the play. It was an absolutely horrifying piece of shit. Lousy choreography reminiscent of a beginners aerobics class. The music was like one long tune and they kept singing every frigging word. It was so bad it felt like a spoof.

I've never read the book and only had a sketchy idea of the story but JP said the musical might as well have been called The barber of Seville or Footloose for all it resembled the original story.
The really disturbing part it's that I researched the play on the Internet and only came back with words of praise. With the same words of praise over and over, a good indication of a certain lack of objectivity. I looked and looked but could come up only with one mildly critical article. Very fishy.

Other than this I've been doing zero. I stay indoors the whole day. I don't feel like going anywhere and it's too damn hot anyways. I spend most of my day on my computer directly underneath the air conditioning vent. This is not to say I haven't been shopping. I bought a couple of extremely high heeled shoes (I'll post the pix tomorrow) and a couple of handbags. Also bought some stuff for the house and several books, among them:

El libro negro de las marcas;
Madres judias de gente celebre;
Mi pais inventado;
Las 48 leyes del poder;
Despues del dia diez.

4:58 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives